Thursday 20 March 2014

Audience research analysis




 The questions that I asked in my market research were: what catches your eye on a magazine, what music genre do you listen to, what colour you associate with this genre, have you ever purchased a music magazine, how much would you be willing to spend, and how often do you buy a music magazine.

For the first question: What catches your eye on a magazine?, the results showed the 54.55% were most attracted to the artist on the front cover. For my front cover I will make the artist the most important thing on the cover.

For my second question: What music genre do you listen to?, the results showed the 54.55% listened to RNB and 36.36%. From the data I gathered, I was able to know what type of magazine that I wanted to show to my focus group and also what genre I wanted to do for my music magazine.

For my third question: What colour you associate with this genre? the results
 showed that the highest colours were black, red and blue. From this I have given a thought as to what colours I will be using for my front cover.

For my fourth question: Have you ever purchased a music magazine?, the results showed that majority of the people that I asked answered yes. Majority of my target audience said no and this showed me that many teenagers don't read magazines.

For my fifth question: How much would you be willing to spend, the results showed that most people said £1-2 which shows teenagers don't want to spend a lot of money on magazines. This give me a rough idea of how much to price my music magazine.


For my last question: How often do you buy music magazines?, the results showed that 80% of the people who answered said they had never bought a music magazine. This correlates with the results of some of the other questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment